Your experience with the International Foundation Program (IFP) will offer an immersive multicultural learning experience! Our program is intended to better your English proficiency, as well as provide you with the tools necessary to excel in your university career.

This guide contains valuable information to help you prepare for life in Toronto.

Tuition Payment

You will receive more information this summer concerning your invoice and tuition payment. The final tuition will be on your ACORN account at www.acorn.utoronto.ca.

  1. Please find the instructions to make tuition payments here: UofT.me/payments
  2. After making the payment, please email a confirmation of your payment to foundation.program@utoronto.ca

Residence Application And Payments

In order to receive a residence offer, you must officially accept your offer of admission online on join.utoronto.ca. Please follow the instructions provided in your acceptance package.

Once you have accepted your offer of admission on JOIN, you should receive an email from the New College Residence Office regarding your residence application.

To secure your space in residence, please be sure to carefully read all the information and closely follow the deadline and instructions provided.

*IMPORTANT: Residence payments SHOULD NOT be sent to the IFP office.

If sending payment by mail, it must be sent to the following address:

Student Accounts
215 Huron Street, 3rd floor
Toronto, Ontario
M5S 1A2

Post-Secondary Study Permit

To study in Canada, you will need a valid Post-Secondary Study Permit. We recommend that you apply for one as soon as you receive your Letter of Admission from the University.

Students who have been studying at a secondary school in Canada must ensure that they apply for a new Study Permit that is valid for university level study before beginning classes.

It is important for you to know the date your student permit expires. To renew it, you will need to get a Confirmation of Enrolment Letter on ACORN. We recommend that you apply for an extension two to three months before the expiry date.

For more information about study permits, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp
Depending on where you are from, you may require a Temporary Resident Visa (entry visa) to enter Canada in addition to a Study Permit. Please confirm the application procedure with the Canadian Embassy or Consulate.

It is important that you ask the Visa Officer for any important documents that you may require during your entry to Canada. Do not pack the documents listed above in your checked baggage since you will not be able to collect your checked baggage until after clearing Immigration (if you are travelling by air).

We strongly recommend that you bring the following documents:

  • Valid passport
  • Valid post-secondary study permit
  • Temporary Resident Visa (if required, based on your citizenship)
  • Original Letter of Acceptance to the University of Toronto’s International Foundation Program
  • Immunization record

Immunization Record

While not required, having a record of your immunization shots will be useful if you need to see a doctor or require any health care during your stay in Canada



Aside from the original copies which you should carry on you in person, make photocopies of important documents and leave one copy with your family at home and keep another copy in your suitcase